Sunday, May 13, 2012

Humor Me: Part II

A friend of mine recently made her kitchen table. Like, from 2x4s, made. She acts like it was no big deal and says, I quote, "anyone can do it." No, Amber, not anyone can do it. But I did recently make curtains. With a lot of help. And in my book that is equivalent to, like, building a house. From scratch. So you could say I'm pretty proud of myself.
Oh, and we painted. Paint makes such a difference, don't you think?


 
 This has nothing to do with curtains or my prideful self, even, but these are hanging in my entryway. Someday I'll have them framed professionally, but I couldn't wait to put them up. They were my great-great-grandmother's and I'm kind of in love with them.
 And, these curtains are old news, but the paint is new, and although everyone said blue, I felt like enough of my house was blue already, and I kinda like this warm tan. I feel like it's inviting to rowdiness, which is basically the purpose of this room. 
For Kristen:
Humor Me: Part I can be found here.

10 comments:

stian said...

i love it!! nicely done!! you've done me proud. remember when we helped mom decorate the family room and ate at applebees everyday... you've really developed those skills! love you!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

HOLY SMOKES! Your house looks fabulous! It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint will do and I am SO IMPRESSED with the curtains. I'm right there with ya - so I completely understand what an accomplishment that is. It makes me wish I didn't have shutters so I could hang curtains all over like your house!

Whitney said...

Very nicely done!! I love your simplistic, classy style!

Amber said...

They look awesome! Maybe someday I'll have curtains in more than 1 room of my house :). Way to go!

Jon and Julie said...

Your home is BEAUTIFUL! I love it!!

Heather Jewell said...

Love these rooms, they look amazing! You have such great taste in decorating. My favorite is the master bedroom. I'm totally going to steal that gorgeous paint color!

Jean said...

Oooh, it looks fantastic!!! Wow, your house is stunning. I sort of skipped the text at first and started with the pictures, and I honestly just assumed that they were from the Ethan Allen website or something. Haha! Nice job, designer lady!!

Alissa said...

Love everything about it. Great job. Where did you find the ruler that is one the wall? And what are those pictures hanging about the couch? Prints? Fabric? It looks great. I love the paint colors, too. Did you paint yourself?

Jeannie said...

Your house is gorgeous. Looks like something out of Real Simple. I especially love the striped living room curtains!

The Skeehan Family said...

Are you kiddding me?! Now I see why Dan wanted me to see your work... your home (and curtains!) are AMAZING. Seriously amazing.