Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Astros game

We took the kids to the Astros game last night. The game started at 7 and as we all know, our kids have a pretty strict bedtime (which we let slide a bit for the game), so we knew it was going to be a fairly short outing (and Greg had to go back to work).  We made the most of it by being there before it started. Of the thousands of baseball games I've been to in my day, I don't know if I've ever been there that early before. Anyway, the kids didn't care. We had the required hot dogs for dinner and watched a few innings.
 


 They closed the roof because of threatening thunder storms (that never came) so the temperature was quite wonderful.
 Drew was thrilled to suck up the watered down Sprite that was left in the cup.
 Don't judge me for this. I had no part in it whatsoever. Greg took them to get the required ice cream in a hat and they came back with these. Besides being disgusting, they're just not American. Ice cream in a hat, kids, ICE CREAM IN A HAT! I was so embarrassed.
 Whatever makes them happy, I guess.
 Honestly, I think this guy had the most fun out of all of us. He pointed at every single thing in the park, flirted with the ladies sitting behind us, and played with an empty cup and straw for a good 35 minutes. He's a champ.
And by 8pm, we were spent.

3 comments:

alisha said...

Looks like a lot of fun!

Jean said...

Ice cream in a cuuuuup!!! NOOOOOO!!!!

Haha! Looks like a fantastic outing nonetheless. :-)

Alissa said...

So fun! Breed those sports fans early.