There's something about 4-year-olds that you have to love. There's also something about 4-year-olds that you want to lock in a closet and never let out. Sometimes, both of those things come out about 12 times in one 5 minute period. During those times, I feel like my life is a living comic strip, with one exhaggerated emotion after another. Like, for example, our dinner conversation the other night.
Twin: What's for dinner?
Me: Cheesy rice and chicken
Twins: UGGHHH! Why? I don't like cheesy rice and chicken. Can you not make it again?
Me: Just take a bite.
Ethan: (takes a bite) OH! YUM YUM YUM! I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT! THANKS MOM! You're the best mom ever. I love you so much! Thank you! (and proceeds to hop off his chair to come give me a hug and kiss. On the lips)
Kate: (takes a bite) Oh yeah! This IS good! I LOVE cheesy rice and chicken. Can you make it every night?
Me: I'm glad you guys like it.
Ethan: There's so much cheese in it!
Kate: Yeah! I love cheese!
Ethan: Kate, I have more cheese in mine.
Kate: No you don't!
Ethan: Yes, I do!
K: No you don't!
E: Yes I do!
Kate: Mo-Om, Ethan says he has more cheese in his.
Me: You both have the same amount of cheese.
Kate: Okay. Ethan, let's play family. I'll be the mommy and you be the daddy.
And so they played.
It's exhausting just watching them sometimes.
1 comment:
OHhhhhh, it brings back memories! It IS exhausing...... and wonderful!
Post a Comment