Sunday, June 15, 2008

Greg's Big Weekend

This was a big weekend for our family- Greg especially. Friday, he graduated from the University of Chicago Law School. I have to say, doctorate robes are pretty dang nerdy, but Greg sure found a way to make them look good. Greg’s parents came down for the big event and we all (including the kiddos) went out for a fabulous dinner at Gibson’s Steakhouse.





(Yes, that's Janet's dessert!)
Saturday was our 5 year anniversary. So far, every year on our anniversary, we have been with extended family and therefore have yet to have a real anniversary date. With bar review going on, Greg’s parents in town, and the twins, this year was no exception. We did find about a half hour’s time for a romantic trip to Walgreen’s and McDonald’s. I did venture off the 99 cent value menu for the big occasion and got a meal! I know. Big time.
We didn't get a picture of the romantic event, so I thought you all might enjoy a shot from our wedding:
If I see any comments on how ugly, fat, old, or pasty I look compared to this picture, consider our friendship terminated. I haven't yet mastered getting dressed and raising twins at the same time.
Sunday, Greg enjoyed his first Father’s Day. His kids were so excited to thank him for being such a great dad that they got him a box of lime popsicles- aren’t they the best?

10 comments:

Whitney said...

Fabulous post, Lauren! I can't wait until I get some pics of Brandon in that robe - wow - lookin good, Greg. And happy anniversary to you two lovebirds! :)

Megan said...

Congratulations Greg! And Lauren, you deserve a congrats too. That's so exciting for you guys! And happy anniversary! What a busy past year you have had!

Nicole + Brock said...

Congratulations Greg! I hope that you are finding time in your busy schedule to spend with you wife and babies. We miss you guys so much.

The Skeehan Family said...

OKAY YOU BIG DORK - if I EVER hear you say you are "ugly, fat or pasty," I might have to fly over there and knock some pure, unadulterated sense into that pretty head of yours. You are fantastically beautiful, always have been always will be... it's just a fact, like knowing the sun will rise and Phoenix summers will be blisteringly hot. So face it darlin', you are one hot mama :)

Oh, and Greg, a SERIOUS congratulations!!! It probably sounds lame but I am so proud of you... You are one impressive fella who I know is going to pass the CA bar with FLYING colors!

Love you!

amelia said...

CONGRATS GREG!! And happy 5th you two!

And that cake is like a foot tall...and making me hungry.

Lindsey said...

WOW! You weren't joking about having a big weekend! We are so proud of Greg, what a Dad & a Grad! Also, I agree with Mimi's comment. You look fantastic!

Andrea J said...

Congrats Greg and Lauren! Isn't it odd to have such a major milestone behind you? And I'm going to agree with Mimi, none of those ugly words could be used to describe you :)

SAF said...

They are gorgeous! It was such a blast to meet them this weekend. I was overheated and cranky - but they were perfectly behaved. Gorgeous kids, and happy anniversary to a fantastic couple. :)

Kate said...

Congratulations! Wow, real life is just around the corner(insert bar for corner) and then you'll be in nice warm California and making money. Sounds pretty good.

Lis said...

CONGRATULATIONS GREG!! Wow, you look official! You've come along way since the days of eating in "other" rooms of the house! And Lauren... you look TERRIFIC for a mom who is supporting a law student husband and twins at the same time! Nice work you two! :)
Lis