Monday, January 30, 2012

Visitors

Greg was lucky enough to have a lot of really good friends in college. One such friend came to visit us this weekend with his family. He has an almost-two-year-old boy, so of course we took him to ride the train at Hermann Park.
Who wants to ride the train? I do!


For lunch, we went to my first ever Diners, Drive-ins and Dives restaurant. It did not disappoint. It's an English/Indian pub. Yes, you read that right. We took our kids to a pub. We're good parents like that.



Best fish and chips I've ever had. The twins were fans of the chips. Drew was a BIG fan of the fish.

Chicken Tikki Masala. 



Saturday night, the party expanded when the other Houstonians from college days came over for dinner. It was so fun to see the kids all hang out. Ethan and Kate always love it when older kids play with them and this night was no exception. (I believe Kate has her first crush. The girl has good taste, what can I say?) The kids sat at their own "kids' table" and us adults were having a good time eavesdropping. One of my favorite conversations was when Ethan asked Isaac and Beckam if they are twins. When they said no, he asked why not? and went on to tell them all the good things about being a twin, like for example, "you eat all the same stuff."
 

Not pictured in this photo are Drew Packer, Wells Campbell, Truman Hudson (don't know why), and Sam's right half.

4 comments:

Andrea J said...

It's got to feel good knowing your son is glad he's a twin. Looks like fun, glad y'all could get together.

Jean said...

FUN! Nothing like getting together with college friends. I LOVE Triple D!! I should probably go find out if there are any SLC restaurants that he's visited. I'll go do that right now. Even though I'm at work. :-)

Lindsay Griffeth said...

How fun for you! I love Reza . . . he was with me in LONDON! And TJ is great, too.

Glad you guys had a nice little reunion!

packermom said...

Is Kate the only girl???