Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Drew at 10 months

Finally scooting around.
I was beginning to wonder if he actually had taste buds because of his willingness to eat anything, but I found his first dislike. After many positive experiences, he has finally concluded that avocados are not his thing (for now. I'll win on this one, I'm sure).
He throws his binky out of his crib. Which is super awesome in the middle of the night when he wants it back. So I put a few in there now and they usually last him through the night.
His growl is getting louder. Especially at church.
He also "sings" during hymns at church. I'm sure it gets annoying to those sitting around us, but it's a welcome change from listening to my voice.
He's a mamma's boy.
But that's not to say that he isn't giddy beyond words when daddy gets home.
And while getting him to smile is easy as pie, this is his go-to face:

We're making up for a lot of lost sleep. On top of 12 hours at night, he still takes 3 (1-2 hour) naps most days. His third nap isn't very long and sometimes I think he just wants downtime with his binky and blanket, but it's great for me because it's during that I-make-dinner-kids-fight-time.
He's making lots of sounds and while I think some of them are actual words (night-night, all done), I know he can sign milk. He likes that stuff.

3 comments:

The Swindlehurst's said...

I cant get enough of that smile! Well I do kinda like your smile on the post below;) He is such a cutie! The twins are so big...when did our kiddos grow up?

Alissa said...

Bless those naps. Have you tried a binky clip? We're addicted. When I left mine at my mom's house I had to make a midnight run to Shopko for fear that she would wake up and not have the binky...

danielle said...

I LOVE his go-to face