If there were ever a moment in life I would want to be a fly on the
wall, Daddy Day at pre-school would definitely be one of those moments.
No amount of re-telling can take the place of seeing Greg wear a bonnet
and play the part of Little Miss Muffet while the kids play the part of
the spider and frighten him away. Or when the teacher read
questionnaires that the kids had filled out about their dads and the
dads got to guess which one was them. I guess daddies have to go to work
all day and mommies get lots of moments. This moment was just for them and
their memory banks.
We didn't want it to come out this way, but I guess the secret had to come out sometime. Greg works with knives. And you all thought he was a lawyer.
Kate's not sure what he does, but she's got one thing right- he works works works SO HARD for us. (The teacher came up to Greg afterwards and said they were dying when she said it. She was so serious.)
I realize that most 3-year-olds probably know what their dad does for a living. Or how old they are. And every year when our birthday comes around, they do know. I guess it's just not as important as eating pasta.
6 comments:
priceless!!
So cute! Those drawings are really good! (Pediatrician speaking, not aunt.)
I love child/father loyalty! Our kids don't know what Spencer does for a living, I have a hard time trying to explain it to them - or anyone else for that matter.
This is great! I've been giggling about this for about 3 hours now.
That sounds like an awesome day at preschool. Love Kate's answer. So sweet.
that is so cute! i love the idea of the dads having to guess which one is about them when the answers are that awesome. i'm sure greg knew it was him right away when he heard he worked with knives. haha. i hope my kids/hubby get to do this when they are older!
Post a Comment