Friday, January 13, 2012

Skills

 If Eagle Scout awards were given based on knot-tying skills alone, Ethan would have one five times over. He has always been intrigued by knotcraft (it's a real thing, I looked it up), but it drove me crazy, so all knot-tying apparatuses have been hidden for years. Then, I saw on a friend's blog that her son also likes tying things and it made me feel guilty for not letting his light shine. The ribbons were removed from behind lock-and-key and alas, the boy is appeased. Here are a few pieces from his collection:



 Does he untie these things, as well? you ask. I'm assuming so, I sure don't. That's the rule.

 Kate's skills are a little more mainstream, but not less extraordinary, especially for me who gets to have my hair played with on a regular basis. I think she's going places.




4 comments:

KellySummer said...

cute. i love that all kids pretty much own the same toys. pretty sure we own about 75% of the toy items pictured. cant wait till ollie acquires some sort of knot tying skills.

Jean said...

The knot tying = very impressive. The hair styling = AMAZING.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

i can only imagine the damage Ethan and Nate can do together! Nate ties things ALL day long. today I tried to put Ryan in a different carseat but all of the straps were tied together!

Kelly said...

Lauren,

Your blog always cracks me up! I am dying over Ethan's knot tying because Parker has been the SAME way. I hate to tell you he has not grown out of it! :) He has gotten better at not tying my things up, he keeps it to his room and toys, but still he is always inventing and tying and it makes me smile to see pictures of things that could easily have been in my home when Parker was that age. I will have to take some recent ones of Parker's improved skills so you can see what to expect when Ethan is 7 :)