- day of 2012
- week of being Sunbeams
- time the twins were separated from each other in an organized setting (they're in different classes)
- time I taught Gospel Doctrine
None of these seemed to be such a big deal after all. We all lived to
tell the tale. Turns out the biggest-deal-of-the-day award goes to:
- the first french braid (or french brave, as she calls it)
I guess its actual debut was New Years Eve. I randomly decided to do it before the NYE party that we went to and Kate seemed more excited about it than any Christmas gift she got. I did it again before church yesterday and officially became the coolest mom in her book. Funny thing to remember: She kept saying she can't wait to show Lena (a girl in her pre-school class, who apparently always has braids). That made me laugh because every time I've been to her school for something, Lena's mom tells me how Lena always talks about how Kate's curly hair is so beautiful and she wants curly hair just like Kate. I guess the grass-is-always-greener problem starts at a young age. And who knew that 3-year-olds noticed hair?
She really is pretty cute in her "braves." I'll have to get a better picture of it. I think I'll have the opportunity, as she has informed me that she wants braves every day.

7 comments:
Gospel Doctrine? I'm impressed.
Rock on, teacher!! Woohoo! Weston missed Sunbeams on Sunday, but I am SO excited for him to go next time. I wonder if he is.... haha...
I took notice of the "braves" on Sunday--and am even more impressed that it was only the second iteration. :)
Canon's first day of sunbeams was yesterday....I wasn't sure how it was going to go but it was a success. Almost as good as the braids, almost.
like mother like daughter!! for you in both places! love!
I LOVE little girls in braids! Kate is rocking them! I just wish Ella would let me put them in her hair more often. She has the world's softest head and cries every time I brush it.
How cute! I want more pictures of braves!
Post a Comment