If it's a Friday late morning, chances are pretty good that we are at Chick-fil-a. They do a play group that is pretty much awesome in every way.
It starts off with face/arm painting.
Ethan always gets a race car. The
girl doesn't even ask anymore.
Kate mixes it up. Usually, it's a
princess, but she went bold this week with a unicorn.
Obviously, it's a pretty serious matter.
This is Chloe. She's a doll and wanders around, never making a fuss. She's a regular, like us.
While they wait for everyone to have a turn getting painted, they play with play-doh, blocks, and whatever else they bring out that day.
Then, they go in the play area for singing, dancing..
and story time.
Drew just goes for the Cheerios.
When story time is over, they come eat lunch, get a balloon, and then trade in their toy for an ice cream cone. Then, they excuse themselves from our table and find their own. There, they discuss the mysteries of life.
This is Claire. She's Chloe's older sister. I like her because she has amazing eyelashes.
The kids like her because she's hilarious.
Did I mention Drew just goes for the food?
When the ice cream starts to melt (because it's beyond them to eat it quickly enough), we throw it away, and their balloons become catalysts for excitement and play. And squealing. We get dirty looks from those around us and then we go home.
And nap.
5 comments:
This makes me miss Texas for so many reasons....shorts in January, chick-fil-a and meeting super nice random people everywhere. I'm a bit jealous right now...I'm off to complain to Kevin again!!! Your kids are darling.
Sounds perfect!! What a fun Friday activity. We love Chick-Fil-A too!
Chick-Fil-A + playgroup? I WANT TO GO TO THERE!!! Sigh... I love Chick-Fil-A so darn much. :-)
how dare anyone give my grandkids dirty looks. Sounds like the perfect way to spend a Friday.
So glad I found your blog. I heard my kids were famous. Thanks for the perfect description of Fridays 10:30 am til 12:30 pm. Excellent pictures+great commentary.
Post a Comment