Monday, December 5, 2011

Wired

You know how ESPN does that Wired thing? Where they wire the athletes during a game and you can hear what they’re saying. No? Oh well. Have you ever wanted to wire your kids? And not in the creepy “what are my teenagers up to?” way, but in the “I want to hear and remember all the funny things my toddler says” kind of way. Then, at the end of the day, you go through, delete all the “I don’t want to eat my dinner!"s and “Kate hit me!"s, and keep just the good stuff, like this:

-- The other day, I hear Kate talking to Ethan. In a super sweet voice, she’s saying, “Ethan, I’m going to tell you a story. It’s about a baby born a long long time ago.” (You can go ahead and picture tears of pride and joy welling up in my eyes, until...) “His name was Santa.”
Oh shoot.

IMG_5856-2011-12-5-10-06.JPG

-- Ethan and Greg were snuggling up on the couch, when Ethan looked up at Greg and said, “Daddy, that’s not a good shirt for you.”

-- Little background: A few weeks ago my friend, and fellow pre-school carpooler, picked up the kids in pouring rain. As they got in the car, she said, “we are soakin’ wet, aren’t we?” Kate thought that was the funniest thing and all day told me how she was “soakin’ wet.” This weekend, we made cookies and after eating one, she said, “These cookies are soakin’ good!” I laughed. She laughed. And now everything is “Soakin’.”

IMG_5650-2011-12-5-10-06.JPG

-- Eating dinner on my birthday, Ethan (who, it should be noted, ate all of his corn chowder, asked for more, and complimented the chef on multiple occasions), looked at me and said, “So, mom. How’s your birthday going? Did you do anything fun?”

IMG_5644-2011-12-5-10-06.JPG

-- Ethan was being cute and I was telling him how I don’t want him to grow up. I want him to stay just like this forever and he thought that was a great idea. “Okay! Then do I not have to eat my dinner anymore?”
(you know, because eating your dinner makes you grow up big and strong)

IMG_5728-2011-12-5-10-06.JPG

5 comments:

danielle said...

you need to do more 'wired' blog posts. i love these.

alisha said...

Your kids are too hilarious. Maybe you shouldn't make them eat their dinner so they can stay like that forever. Good thinking Ethan. By the way, what is your new lens? Brad and I were trying to guess from the pictures.

Deanna said...

HIlarious. Also, they are looking (and sounding) SO grown up! I can't believe our kids will be sunbeams so soon...

Millicent said...

Your blog is my favorite. Love your posts. Hopefully I'll get to see you, again, one of these days.

Jean said...

HAHAHAHAHA... oh that blessed little baby Santa.