Monday, December 19, 2011

Fail

This morning when I woke up, I broke out the camera. It’s Drew’s 9-month birthday and I wanted a picture or two. As the day progressed, I snapped some pics at the park..IMG_6463-2011-12-19-19-53.JPGIMG_6497-2011-12-19-19-53.JPGIMG_6462-2011-12-19-19-53.JPG

at home, during our annual turn-the-amazon-box-into-a-toy event...

IMG_6530-2011-12-19-19-53.JPG

(too bad the focus was on the box and not the moment...)

IMG_6521-2011-12-19-19-53.JPG

chore time...

IMG_6537-2011-12-19-19-53.JPG

Then I realized it was 7pm and not a picture of Drew was taken. So, I snapped a few. Turns out, all he wanted to do was watch the twins, too. They are pretty entertaining after all. IMG_6573-2011-12-19-19-53.JPG

Anyway, as the pride was welling up inside for a job well done, I realized that December 19th is not Drew’s 9 month mark. It’s the twins’. His was yesterday. Not that having a picture of the day is a big deal or anything. It’s just kinda sad that I’ve already forgotten his birthday. This whole one day apart thing is going to haunt me for the rest of my life, isn’t it? Good thing life goes on.

For memory’s sake, at 9 months:

He FINALLY sleeps through the night! 12 hours last night. I hardly know what to do with myself.

The kid can eat! I fill his high chair tray with food and within minutes, it’s all gone. And he’s a pretty neat eater, too. I rarely use a bib.

Sometimes, I know he’s done eating when there’s a bite in his mouth and he starts crying. It’s like he didn’t realize he was finished till he put it in there, and now he doesn’t know what to do. I usually have to fish it out. Funny kid.

Still doesn’t crawl. He loves to sit and he’ll just rotate around. If all of his toys have gone missing, he’ll just watch the twins or play with the carpet. He’s pretty easy to please. The pediatrician said I should count my blessings.

This is his favorite toy. He’ll fill it up with those balls and then dump them out. Repeat for hours.

IMG_6588-2011-12-19-19-53.JPG

Speaking of the pediatrician, she also said that he appears to be very “social.” I thought that was funny, he’s 9 months old, how social can he be? But that’s what she said when she saw him interact with the twins. I didn’t let on to the fact that I had no idea what she was talking about.

His only trick is that he plays peek-a-boo with his blanket. Best part is that when he covers himself, his hands barely pass the top of his head. Ah, gets me every time.

When he wakes up from naps or in the morning, he’s pretty mellow. He gets progressively giddy until he goes down again. By the time I put him in his bed, he’s practically laughing.

And speaking of laughing, he fake-laughs when he sees us laughing. Kills me.*

*Okay, totally random note. You know how at the very very very VERY end of Toy Story 2, like after the credits, after the gag reel, Barbie comes on and does her “good bye now” thing and then says, “Are they gone? Good! Oh my gosh! My cheeks are killing me!” in that Minnesota accent? Yes, this is the twins’ favorite part. They won’t let me turn off the movie until they’ve seen it. (Okay, so it is pretty funny. I like it, too). Kate has been saying, “Oh my gosh! My cheeks are killing me!” all evening. She even does the accent. Believe it or not, my girl is getting a sense of humor. And I love it.

1 comment:

Jean said...

Oh blessed, blessed sleep!!! SO happy for you! Well, for us. :-) I'm not surprised that he's a "social" child with two hilarious older siblings. Future prom king!!! And I love when our children humor us with fake laughs. Hahaha...