Monday, December 12, 2011

Busted

I was getting Drew ready to take a nap and Ethan was yelling at me from the other room to help him find a particular toy. I quietly and calmly told him that I was putting Drew down and that I wanted it quiet and that I would help him as soon as Drew was down. This happened a few more times and of course I lost my quiet and calm tone. “Ethan! Please! Be quiet! I will be! There! Soon!”

Kate: (in a quiet and calm voice) Mom, don’t yet all Ethan.

Me: You’re right. I shouldn’t yell.

K: After you finish changing Drew and put him down, we’re going to go downstairs and have a talk.

Me: Okay, Kate.

K: I think I’m going to talk to Daddy and we’re going to have a family home evening about talking nicely.

I guess the family home evening we had DID stick with someone. Maybe next time that someone will be me.

5 comments:

Alissa said...

Ella said "Oh, shoot." the other day. Go me.

Deanna said...

Those moments are both humbling and hilarious.

stian said...

i love this!!! you really should get off your high horse and just go help the kid.

KellySummer said...

I love your kid stories, they crack me up. And i also love that Greg seems to wear only Duke logo shirts. :)

Jean said...

Hahaha!!! She is wise beyond her years. (Why do they always yell and/or barge into the room RIGHT when you're putting baby down for a nap? For some reason, they don't seem to care as much about baby's naptime as we do.) :-)