Update
- If you’re wondering how we’re taking the loss of Steve Jobs... well, it’s not pretty. We think we’re going to come out of this okay, but there’s just no way to know for sure.
- We’ve taken October by storm. Costumes are almost ready. Decorations are up. And most importantly, Halloween cookies:


- Greg’s been working like a dog lately and we sure miss him. A lot. But Ethan has really stepped up in the “man of the house” position and takes his job very seriously. If he sees a spider (and there’s been quite a few) he will RUN to the bathroom for a tissue, “wipe” the spider, and then flush the poor thing down the toilet.
- I made these last night. A. Ma. Zing. (Although Greg wasn’t so convinced. As kindly as his tired soul could muster, he said, “um, did you mean to put salt on these?”)
- I FINALLY caught the Pinterest bug and it’s taken over my life. I knew it would, which is why I resisted for so long. But I’ve cut some other time-wasting things out of my life to make room. Like flossing.
- The twins will be riding in their pre-school trike-a-thon next Friday. If you so feel the desire to make a pledge, I won’t stop you.
- Drew took a pretty girl to Ikea and lunch today. He doesn’t like to mention the parts about their moms being in the front seat, them riding in car seats, or that lunch came in liquid form. He thinks he’s hot stuff.
- I’ve been making all of Drew’s baby food. Combine that with the fact that I’m still nursing (despite 3 teeth and thrush), we’re saving something like millions of dollars. Good thing, too, cause buying a house is kinda expensive.
- Some things we’re loving about our house so far: morning sun and evening shade in our family room, kitchen, and backyard (might even be my favorite part); the hard wood is not nearly as hard to keep clean as I was dreading anticipating; huge playroom; 3-car-garage; riding bikes in the cul-de-sac; gas stove (my first since I lived at home. Every bit as wonderful as I knew it would be).
4 comments:
Would you like me to tell you what happens when you don't floss? Don't make me! ;)
You make me laugh.
And I want to live in your gorgeous kitchen.
Glad you guys are settling in well.
The preschool trike-a-thon sounds awesome, but what would be even more awesome is a preschool trike derby (y'know, where they try to bash into each other). So. Sweet.
And I am unfamiliar with this so-called Pinterest. Like all other forms of social media/technology, I'll wait until I'm the last remaining human to participate, and then I'll hold out a little longer, and then become obsessed with it (while everyone else moves on to something new).
And I'd also like to add that I grew up in a cul-de-sac, and it is hands-down the best way to grow up. :-)
who is this very cute date? Drew is starting w/ some good taste. I seem to see her pop up here and there, I need more info. Does she know the hoops she needs to jump through to get Drew?
aunt ss
Post a Comment