Also known as mosquito fest Houston ’11
This past weekend, my sister-in-law, her 2 darling girls, and my mother-in-law came for a great visit. And lucky for us, so did billions of mosquitoes. That didn’t stop us, oh no it didn’t.
Grandma came prepared with matching Halloween jammies, of course.
We made capes.
We took being “super” to the next level and added headwear to the “super” costumes.
We went to Galveston.
The park, where SuperElla was spotted.
Made ghost suckers.
Went to Old McDonald’s Farm.
(notice that squiter getting Kate’s leg? He and his friends were relentless. She has over 20 bites right around her knees. I’m guessing from this very pony ride)
Wore. Grandma. Out.
Scored yet another darling set of Halloween jammies from Grandma.
And walked away with a goody bag to remember just how much we love being with our cousins.
Turns out when you check the weather around these parts, you should also check the mosquito reports. Thankfully, I think our guests had only a few encounters with the little pests. But poor Kate has upwards of 40 bites. She’s a trooper, though, that girl.
See what a fun hostess I am? Who wants to come next? (I promise to check for mosquitoes, never go outside, and bring repellant anyway)
Thanks for coming, Packer girls! Can’t wait for next year!
4 comments:
Lauren really is the best hostess. Ever. She planned meals, activities and crafts. You really should visit her.
How fun!! Sign us up!!! I love all the cute pj's and capes!
Looks like you had a great time! That picture of Kate, Ethan, and Ella all on top of Janet is hilarious. I bet they had so much fun with Grandma. Also, the picture of all of the grandkids together is just too cute for words.
I think I had the most fun of everyone! Lauren really was the best hostess....everything planned and perfect! Though I'm still scratching and will probably need a good week to rest up, it was well worth it!! Thanks girls for making this happen!!!
Post a Comment