Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pumpkin pancakes

He’s a fan

IMG_5034-2011-10-26-10-28.JPG

You know you have leftover pumpkin from something. Or you will some time in the next month or so. Make these. Your kids might start off the day liking you. Pumpkin Buttermilk Pancakes 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour 1 egg 1 1/4 cups buttermilk 1/4 cup white sugar 1 t baking powder 1 t baking soda 1 t cinnamon 2 T vegetable oil 1/2 C canned pumpkin You know the rest. Makes about 16 5”-pancakes. Magleby’s Syrup (everyone has a different version of this syrup. This one is my fave. It’s obviously fat- and calorie-free) 1 C butter 1 C sugar 1 C heavy whipping cream 1/2 t vanilla Bring to a boil, add vanilla last. Serve on pancakes, then drink the rest. I mean, refrigerate the rest. Yeah, refrigerate it. Don’t drink it. That would be silly.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

I've been wanting to look up a pumpkin pancake recipe, so thanks! I'll have to try these.

Andrea J said...

I've been lazy and have been using the Trader Joes box of these, but even better to use up some of the buttermilk on hand. Thanks!

The Swindlehurst's said...

So the post that talks about you being a wonderful host about makes me want to be brave and take a trip with the kiddos, will you make us pancakes, plan lots of fun things and most especially make me my own cape? If you answered yes to all of those we might be in:)

The Skeehan Family said...

you SERIOUSLY just made my night... I just made pumpkin bread and totally have pumpkin left over AND I have buttermilk from making the cafe rio dressing... both of which I was at a loss as what to do.

AWESOME.

(put this under the wrong post before :))

The Skeehan Family said...

PS... magleby's syrup... seriously? you just outdid yourself :)

we are SO doing this Saturday for breakfast. WOO.HOO.

packermom said...

One of the cutest pics of Drew ever!!