Also known as pre-school Trike-a-thon
Game faces on.
This is no laughing matter.
Nothin says intimidation like a princess helmet. Surprised Lance never thought of that one.
They mostly stayed in the peloton throughout the ‘thon. To Kate’s detriment, though. A pile-up in the 23rd lap took her out of the race. Luckily, the medical team was close by.
Ethan was not to be discouraged. He went on to complete 38 laps.
(Did I mention the laps were about the size of a living room?)
The victor’s prize? Fruit snacks, of course.
In all seriousness, this was the reason for the ride. About every 2 or 3 laps, as they passed, they would ask if it was time for snacks yet. Doubt it was the best time they ever had in their lives, but it was worth it for the blog post.
I was a little worried that the fall might have dampened Kate’s spirits a bit, but when we got in the car, she said, “I think I won.”
Funny thing is we never told them it was a race. We just said we were taking their bikes to ride at pre-school. I guess the second you put a medal around a kid’s neck, it all gets very serious.
After such a grueling ride, they both needed a couple cool-down laps in the cul-de-sac.
A special thank you to our sponsors:
Don Secor platinum sponsor
Jimmy and Kira Secor
Scott Price
Donna Behnke
*It’s not too late to sponsor. If you, too, would like your name on an honorary DoubletheFun blog post, send your money in now. Make checks payable to their mother.
3 comments:
I would love to sponsor these little tykes and am sorry I didn't get to it before the event. Can we take care of it when I get there?
Okay, that is the second time I've seen those "scoot" bikes - my friend Vanessa (who's in Germany right now for the year), says they are all the kids over there ride on. Why am I not surprised you are so hip and with it? :)
And by the way, the pictorials from your sister's wedding are lovely and you parent's backyard looks AWESOME! I love all the vases/glasses - such a cool idea. And the overhead decorations are incredible! Nicely done.
Hahahaha! Excellent recap. You always crack me up. It's too bad that the preschoolers didn't bash into each other derby-style, but I think the fruit snacks made up for that.
Post a Comment