

Walking is a funny thing. It's so fun for me to watch them learn. I guess every child learns in their own way, and mine are quite the example. Most kids probably learn more like Ethan. Standing first, then take their first steps that are a little bit more like tiiiimmmmmbberrrr and his feet move as fast as he can to try to keep upand learning to take more and more steps before the timber begins. He's up to about 3. Kate, on the other hand, was more like teaching a child to ride a bike. I ran along side her while her feet were moving until she was stable and then I would run ahead to catch her fall. She has since learned to stand and she'll even walk away from the couch now. She can pretty much walk as long as she wants as long as someone is standing in front of her giving encouragement. Her record is 21 steps (yes, like everything else in my life, I count).
The stinky part about this is that I've been the only one around for all of this. Greg has been working insane hours lately (he billed 90 hours last week) and is rarely home to see the cute, wobbly steps. He was home for a couple hours yesterday and saw our progress, which was really fun for him. Point of this story is that it is nearly impossible to get a good video of steps being taken. This will have to do. It was taken a couple weeks ago.
7 comments:
90 hours?! And I was complaining GJ was going out of town for work - um that's basically the same thing.
Look at Kate go!
That is awesome! Hooray for your kiddos!! It's so funny that they have such different takes on walking. They're doing great!
PS - Speaking of Greg being busy, Tim taught his class at church yesterday. Everything was A-OK!
I can't believe that they are walking. That is so exciting.
I can't wait to come see them in 3 weeks! They are getting so big! And yes im blogging! Help me! haha
Way to go little Kate and Ethan! It is amazing to me that they are even old enough to stand there on their own, let alone take steps!
I know all about the 90 hour work week and I am sooooooo sorry, Lauren.
They are getting so big! And that is so funny that you counted her 21 steps.
Now the fun really begins!!!!!
Post a Comment