Thursday, February 19, 2009

11 months

11 things you may not know about these little monkeys... 1. They love to stand up in the bath. Is this normal? 2. They're really good eaters (so far they will eat ANYTHING). Their favorites are yogurt, cheese, pasta with spaghetti sauce. 3. They're starting to understand "no." Ethan gives me this half-hearted smile that seems to say, "no, mom, it's okay," then he stops. Kate cries, then shakes her head and moves away from whatever she was doing. She also cries when I say no to Ethan and more than that, when Ethan is heading towards one of his more common offenses, she'll whine at him as if to say, "no, please don't Ethan, mommy will say no." She's going to be the rule-enforcer here. 4. Although it is next to impossible to have them in matching clothes, they ALWAYS have matching pajamas. 5. They're pretty good about letting me squirt their noses with saline. Their doctor is proud. 6. Unless they're tired or hungry, and even sometimes then, there are two things that always make them happy: books (we read probably 20 a day) and "hiding" under a blanket all together and then coming up for a good peek-a-boo (even though there's no one to peek-a-boo to). 7. They LOVE their daddy. Especially Ethan. Traitor. 8. They are officially done with binkies. Hooray! 9. Laundry day is their favorite day. Rides in the laundry basket, pushing the basket around the house, warm clothes dumped on them that they get to toss and throw, socks. Heaven. 10. They're not really afraid of strangers, they're intrigued. They always have to stare at someone for a few minutes before they will smile, wave, do any tricks, etc. (Well, there was this one time that a boy (probably 13) rubbed Kate the wrong way. He was at a table behind her at a restaurant and she kept turning around to look at him and then she would cry. He didn't even try to talk or wave to her. She just didn't like him. Other than that, we're good.) 11. They love the park. The swings and slides are really all they can do, but they get really excited for them. This rain has really been cramping our style. I think that's 11.
At the train station waiting for daddy to come home.

7 comments:

The Skeehan Family said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the list. And your story below is fantastically put together :)

Couple things:
1. As seen by the chunkiness of my baby, she eats almost everything too - I say almost because I tried to give her lettuce today (have avoided it previously due to lack of teeth) and she made this face like, "seriously mom, seriously, you must be joking?" Other than that, she pretty much eats it all, so from my perspective, totally normal :)
2. That's fantastic they understand no, Claire likes to pretend it's a game when I say no, smiles the mischevious (??) grin and then proceeds to keep trying what I originally said no to... can you send Kate over here? Claire needs a little enforcing.
3. You even make laundy day fun... I am so impressed.
4. Adore the picture of them at the train station waiting for their dad. And he takes a train? That just seems cool.

Whitney said...

Kate = thunder thighs and I LOVE them! And way to go about getting rid of the binkie. I'm impressed! You're a great mom, Lauren.

Jean said...

I love their matching PJs and I love their peek-a-boo and I love their laundry fun!! What cool kids. Hooray 11 months! They're so lucky to have such a fun and loving mommy!!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

The standing up in the tub? Normal in my book. Nate loves to do it, too!

What a fun list. I'm VERY impressed about the binky. Managed to get rid of a bottle at that age but not the binky. Still working on that one.

Just wait until they say "no" right back to you. :)

Erin said...

You sound like an awesomely fun mom! I wish I was that fun on laundry day. I'm just trying to get it done as quickly as possible. It's my least favorite chore.

Larson Family said...

They are so darling and you are too. I loved the list. Henry LOVED to stand up in baths too until a few months ago. It's so silly.

dana said...

Owen loves to stand up in the bath too. All I can think is, "that looks so cold! sit down and be warm!"

I'm now a current blog stalker of yours. I'm adding you to my google reader :).