Monday, December 1, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Christmas has many different definitions. To me, Christmas is not a day, it is a season. That season must be prepared for all the month of November, decorated for the day after Thanksgiving and officially begins December 1st, which happens to be my birthday. The season includes shopping, baking, eating sweets, more shopping, wrapping and some last minute shopping. I love Christmas shopping, even if I have nothing to shop for, just to see the hustle and bustle of holiday cheer. I am so excited for Christmas this year, maybe because I won't be spending it on my couch and I have two little darlings to shop for, even though they'll love only the lights and wrapping paper. We went to see Santa today. It actually went way better than I thought it would. They both looked at the camera and no one cried. Of course, no smiles, Kate looks like she's giving a high five (which she does do these days quite liberally) and Ethan looks like he's mid-yawn, but I'm happy. Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy birthday!

So cute. I think it looks like Kate is waving, which is way cute. And I love her shoes. The kiddies are adorable!

Alissa said...

They are darling. Love the bow.

Happy Birthday!!

Grant and Stacy said...

Happy Birthday! I think it's great that you describe shopping as "the hustle and bustle of holiday cheer"! Did you hear about the Wal-mart employee that was killed by a stamped of holiday shoppers on black Friday? I'm sure there wasn't much holiday cheer being spread at that time! =-)

alisha said...

Happy Birthday! I don't think I'll forget your birthday because it is the same as my dad's. Your kids are so cute.

amelia said...

Happy bday Lauren! Ha, love the Santa picture, Kate looks like she's giving some "Talk to the hand" action.