I realize that many of you love the snow. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without it. For you, I'm glad you have it. For me, I'm glad I don't. Today has been a great day, a wonderful day, even. But I'm glad I get to go outside most of the days. I need the sun, the grass, the park, even a leisurely exit from my car (since it takes about 20 minutes). All the winter I need is a few days that warrant a coat, a scarf and some hot chocolate and I'm a happy camper.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
A rainy day
When we moved to California, I had wondered whether or not I would miss the seasons. When I remembered that the leaves on the trees changed colors here, too, I knew I had my fall. Would I miss snow? After 3 months of living here, I have yet to spend a full day inside the apartment. Even a few weeks ago, when the elevator in our building broke, the second Greg came home from work, we hauled two babies and a stroller down 4 flights of stairs for a walk outside. I knew then that I would not miss cold and snow. Well, today the sky broke. Water is literally falling from the sky. Greg has the car today, so we couldn't even drive somewhere. So, we decided to enjoy the great indoors, every single square foot of it.
I realize that many of you love the snow. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without it. For you, I'm glad you have it. For me, I'm glad I don't. Today has been a great day, a wonderful day, even. But I'm glad I get to go outside most of the days. I need the sun, the grass, the park, even a leisurely exit from my car (since it takes about 20 minutes). All the winter I need is a few days that warrant a coat, a scarf and some hot chocolate and I'm a happy camper.
I realize that many of you love the snow. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without it. For you, I'm glad you have it. For me, I'm glad I don't. Today has been a great day, a wonderful day, even. But I'm glad I get to go outside most of the days. I need the sun, the grass, the park, even a leisurely exit from my car (since it takes about 20 minutes). All the winter I need is a few days that warrant a coat, a scarf and some hot chocolate and I'm a happy camper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










9 comments:
I think I'm with you. It's 21 degrees outside, and I'm debating whether I walk or drive to the mailbox. Sure was nice when it was warm...
Amen! I couldn't agree with you more!
We seriously need to get together! Let's plan a day after Christmas!!
I couldn't agree more! We got 5+ inches of SNOW in Vegas today and I loved it because I knew it would only last for 24 hours! :)
In response to your comment on my blog . . . the ONLY reason I own winter gear for Nate is because my parents have a cabin a few hours from here and it's FREEZING there! But it sure came in handy today. :)
Preach it, Lauren. We've been on house arrest too. I grew up near Seattle, so you'd think the rain and I would be BFF...buuuuut not so much these days :)
All I can say is brace yourself.......it's was 3 degrees this morning! I think it is supposed to warm up by Christmas, though......AND the snow is beautiful!
Thanks for the post. I'm so sick of reading friends' blogs in Utah about how much they love the snow and have been sad that it's taken so long to start snowing. I get sick to my stomach just looking at the pictures. I love the rain! But the best part is the day after when the sky is so clear and the weather is beautiful!
I can't believe how big the twins are getting! We miss you guys! I hope we get to see you soon. Merry Christmas! Have Greg send Jon your address so I can send you guys a card:)
I wish I didn't have to deal with snow or cold!! My personal belief is that seasons are overrated-- we only like spring so much because winter kicked our butts. :)
Post a Comment