Sunday, May 25, 2008

First trip to downtown/Nordstrom

We ventured out into the city for the first time this past week. We were very nervous as to how the kids would do, but we brought everything we needed to keep them fed and changed so off we went. It was great and the kids were very well behaved.

The one really noteworthy thing that happened was Kate's first trip to Nordstrom. As the photos show, this was a special moment. Kate became VERY alert as we got close, as well as very quiet. Lauren later described the feeling as a "still, small voice" that speaks to young shoppers.



As soon as we went in, Kate went into sensory overload. With eyes as wide as we have ever seen them, this next picture shows Kate when she saw the purse she wanted.



And this was the reaction when Dad said no.



All in all, a great time downtown, and we learned that we can still get out and have some fun with our little ones along for the ride.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my word that is the absolute best!! SO laugh out loud funny, I love it!! Good job being so brave, and I'm glad your priorities are right. You've got to let the girl know about these things(you know, eating with a spoon, potty training, going to Nordies). The blessing pictures are adorable. They're getting so big, so fast!

Danielle said...

Those pictures of Kate are hilarious! That's awesome. Glad you guys got out and had a fun trip downtown.

Unguren said...

I can't say that I blame her for getting all excited for a shopping trip. I still get a little giddy.

Lindsey said...

Love those pictures of Kate. So funny. What a big day for her, the city & Nordstrom all in one day. It can be a little overwhelming.

Andrea said...

Fun blog! I enjoy seeing what fun things you are up to with your twins. Looks like you are doing well. And funny photos, by the way :)

The Skeehan Family said...

YES I AM DYING. That is absolutely the most spectacular thing. Claire loved Nordstrom's as well - although I think her favorite was not the clothes or the shoes (tisk, tisk), it was the piano player... but we all love the piano player - it's one of the things that makes Nordstrom's, well, Nordstrom's! :)