Friday, May 9, 2008

As promised...

Mr. Ethan and Miss Kate took a trip to the doctor today. I was all set with my camera to take pictures of them in their 'going out' outfits since all of our posts so far have them in pjs, but since they took an hour to eat this morning and we were rushing out the door, it had to be delayed. Then, after poking and prodding, 2 shots and a delayed feeding, they were NOT about to smile for a photo. This feeding was laced with bright orange Tylenol that found its way to their clothes and well, you get the picture. No photo, but let me tell you, they were lookin good. Anyway, the doctor was VERY impressed with their weight gain and said they were doing very well (Kate weighed in at 8lbs. 12 oz. and Ethan at 9 lbs. 10 oz. Both are 20.5 inches). Miss Kate has decided that reflux would be a fun challenge for her parents, and the doctor gave us some tips. To that, we say, "bring it on." Actually, we are quite fearful, but as I look at the face I'm holding in my arms, I'm sure going to try my best. Here's to a night of very little sleep...

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Kate is the exact weight and height Brooklyn was when she was born. Funny. I'm glad they are both growing well. Hopefully the sleeping will get better soon.

Ashes said...

Wow, we are so excited for you guys! We happened along your page from Blake & Megans! We can't believe you had twins! That is so much work! I just have one and I pull my hair out! You are amazing people. They are beautiful babies! Joe & Ashley Bunting

LL said...

Landon had reflux and it was awful- but we didn't catch on to it until much later than you did, so he already had some esophageal damage. He was put on Prevacid and that helped within days, and by 5 months he had grown out of it and was off the medicine. Good luck!

Alyse said...

Wow! We had no idea you guys were expecting and now you are a big family of four! Your twins are so adorable. Congratulations and Happy Mother's Day!

Christian said...

Hey - Greg and Lauren - WOW! You too produce great looking kids! Found you guys through the chain of blogs from BYU MACC daddys/mommys.

Christian and I have a daughter of our own, Savannah - still working on the blog thing.

Heather Reber Russell