Thursday, January 31, 2013

Leggies

 We've started VERY low-key potty training over here. He's not even two and more importantly, I'm not ready, but he keeps talking about it and I thought I'd give it a try. No expectations, it will probably only last a week. With that said, it's been 3 days and he seems to be doing... alright. Batting around 0.550, maybe. Mostly I do it cause look at those leggies. Who wouldn't want to look at those all day? 
Anyway, this morning he had a diaper on when we took the kids to school and when we walked in the door, he told me he had a stinky diaper. Playfully, I scold him:
Me: What? You went poo poo in your diaper? Where do we go poo poo?
Drew: Right dere. (pointing... down there)
Me: You silly goose! We go poo poo in the potty!
Drew: (looks up at me)... Oh, shoot.

I can't help but laugh at that to which he responds:
"Hee. Hee. Oh, shoot. Dat's a funny one!"

Yep, it is. You little stinker!
 
I ask... is there boy out there without bruises? Or is that against the boy code?

In other news, I'll be starting my spending fast tomorrow. I feel like last year, I had a break through and this year, I already know is going to be terrible. We have SO MANY things going on (which you'll soon hear about, I'm sure), but I'm going to try my best. You can read about all my adventures in frugality here here and here.
This year, besides the unavoidable "stuff" that I can't get away from, I'll limit my grocery budget, not go out to eat or buy anything on Amazon. 
And if I really can't do it, maybe I'll just postpone till June or something. Cause I really love these fasts. Like, really like em.

And as always, if you're joining me, please let me know. I love the camaraderie!

7 comments:

Cassidy said...

Little undies are the cutest! And I'll be joining you on the spending fast - thanks for the reminder!

Emily said...

Josh and I did ours in January and BOY AM I GLAD IT'S ALMOST OVER. It was our first one, and it really helped put things back into financial perspective.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

He seems like quite the charming little boy. And yes, can't beat the legs of a 2 year old.

I attempted a very modified version of your spending fast {well, I tried to not spend money except for the money we've spent gutting bathrooms} and it was great to just stay OUT of the stores. So much wasted time in there! So thanks for the motivation. No amazon? No target? That should save my budget right there.

Lindsey said...

I've been thinking about your spending fast!! Someday I'll join you...someday :)

alisha said...

That Drew is too cute!

And I'll be joining you on the spending fast. Thanks for the reminder.

Jen Bowen said...

We're doing the spending fast too!

packermom said...

I'm afraid I often say shoot,.........sometimes it's just the best thing to say! Miss you Drew!