Saturday, January 19, 2013

Winter

The whole country is making fun of Californians right now. "They're such wimps cause they can't handle 50 degrees!" It's always cool to make fun of Californians and I get it. But I also get where those wimpy Californians are coming from. I mean, obviously because I used to be one and always will be one at heart. But also because here in Texas, we lived the same sob story. You see, when you live in a place that's known for it's beautiful winters, 50 and even below, yes below, is really cold. We're used to being outside all the time. All year long. We don't handle things like indoor play areas and jackets and real shoes and stuff so well. Anyway, our cold streak finally broke today and the kids couldn't be contained one second longer.



And quit making fun of the Californians. It's not their fault they can't read.
Name the movie.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Amen. We can't handle real shoes either. We're officially cold weather wimps.

The Skeehan Family said...

and what happens when the Arizonan's move to Colorado? Geeze louise. Let's just say it gets ugly. And there's lots of complaining. And griping. And regretting. And then the kids tell mom it's going to be ok.

Oh and PS... Ethan and Sammy would get along great. We had to HIDE her shorts, t-shirts, skirts, etc. because that is all she wanted to wear. IN.THE.SNOW. Over Christmas my mom was just aghast at my parenting skills in letting Sammy go outside without shoes in the 60 degree weather. I told her we are a constant work in progress at our house.

Oh. and that we've learned the 50's and 60's are WARM.

Go figure.

Who would have thought?

But you would still think living here could be fun, right??? :)

packermom said...

Nice action shot, Lauren!

I would take California cold over todays Minnesota cold....-10!!!

mccall said...

i want to say Zoolander!