I got to go on a date Friday night with another man. I won't lie, I had a good time. He told me he loved me, opened the door for me (even though he also let it slam in my face... baby steps), and held my hand. We also shared a romantic race car ride. It was then that I decided 16 will definitely come too soon, as I literally felt my life flash before my eyes right there in the land of Chuck E.
Tutti Frutti, btw, is no Pnkberry, but it will do for now.
Especially when it brings this kind of smile to this cute face.
It was about this time that he looked up at me and said, "I love you momma!"
So sincere. So southern. So sweet. Heart melted.
I love date nights with my kiddos. It's so funny to me how when I ask them if they want to go on a date with me, I always get nervous. Like they're going to say, "No. Of course I don't want to go on a date with you, mom. I see you all the time." But every time, their face lights up. "Just me? YES!!!"
Mmmm, yes. My cup runneth over.






2 comments:
I love it that you do this!! Lucky kids to have you as their mom!
Ethan looks like he's in heaven. Mommy/kid dates are the best. I'll need to try Chuck E Cheese for one. Maybe after the spending fast is over...
Post a Comment