Thursday, January 17, 2013

Still here

Whenever I go too long without posting, my sweet mother-in-law, bless her too-kind-to-ever-say-anything heart (by the way, I live in Texas, I'm allowed to bless people's hearts), will go through our blog and make comments on a few of the old posts as if to say, "I'm still here. I'm still their grandmother. And I still want to see pictures of them. Even if it means old Christmas photos I've looked at at least a million times."

Well, we're still here, too. It's been awhile, I know. January can get a little boring and slow and cold and lazy.
Anyway, let me reacquaint you with these kids of mine.
Let's start with the one on the left. Ethan, our oldest, is over warm clothes. It's actually been pretty cold here for these parts (in the 30's, even) and the best we can do is to sometimes wear pants and agree to bring a jacket along. He swears he's never cold and only rarely wears the jacket. I guess being the mother of a boy has its drawbacks. He lives every aspect of being a boy and LOVES playing superhero with his friends. The  bummer is when they play with the girls and the girls are fine with it for five minutes and then all of a sudden they get hurt and want the boys to be in trouble. It's a rough patch we're going through here, I tell ya. But it sure is cute when all the boys are running around shooting imaginary webs at each other.
The one in the middle is Drew. In his eyes, he's the funniest kid alive. He tells "jokes" all day long. Like during dinner the other night, he kept saying, "soup. hahahahaha. soup soup. hahahahaha!" Sometimes out of nowhere, he'll say something random and throw his head back and start laughing. He makes killer funny faces and this is always followed by some jiggity jig. He's our Jimmy*: Goofy, goofy-looking, and confidence for days. He also has superpowers, in case you were wondering. He'll say, "Iromnan. tshhhhhhhh" and shoot trucks, people, anything in his way. And if the saying about being what you eat were true, Drew would be a cup full of applesauce-y milk, with a few chunks of rice. Last item of note is that he's learned the letters of the alphabet and my personal faves are the way he says W ("dubbu youuuu") and Z ("zebra").


Finishing up on the right side of our photo, we have Kate, our sweet little ballerina. She loves her ballet class so much, it has spilled in to her every day routine, adding spins and curtseys to dinnertime and bedtime and anything that ends in -time. She told me to take this picture, which is fitting in so many ways. She loves to read. Loves to be taken seriously. Loves pictures of herself. And loves to have things done her way. 
Please excuse her hair, as this was post-ballet bun frizz.


We welcome you back into our lives and hope our absence wasn't too damaging to your emotional stability.

*Jimmy's my brother. If you don't know him, you're missing out. I would make meeting him your life's goal. As well as anyone in my family, really. It's full of gems. 

3 comments:

Jane Packer said...

I feel so much better knowing you are all well!

packermom said...

Ohhhhh! Thank you! I love any and every little tidbit about these precious kids! Didn't mean to guilt you into it...haha

alisha said...

Oh I love those kiddos! They have such cute little personalities.