Sunday, April 1, 2012

Houston Open

Here's something you might not know about me. If golf watching were a sport, I'd be a professional. At least in the ladies' division. I've been watching golf tournaments in person and on tv since I was born. And I really do like it. And I've been to one at pretty much every level, but I'd never been to a PGA event. The Houston Open is literally in our backyard (okay, not our backyard. But our neighborhood at least. I mean, the MetLife blimp is flying over my head as I type. That's gotta count for something.) and I really wanted to take the kids. Free tickets from a friend meant that Greg was on board as well.
Technically, no cameras were allowed, but we saw a few people taking pictures in this spot so we figured it must be okay. I was so very tempted to take it out later and take a picture of my best buddy, Phil.

I'm pretty sure 3 of the 4 people in this picture would rather have stayed home but I told them that I do lots of things for them and they have to do this one thing for me. (In their defense, it was something like 200 degrees with 100% humidity yesterday).

They were good sports and in the end, I think we all had a good time.
Funny thing to remember: Ethan got this hat while we were in California and he thinks he is pretty hot stuff when he wears it. A little while ago, Greg mentioned that he has a hat (he's not a heat-wearer, usually) and they should wear their hats together sometime. Ethan already had his hat on and when Greg got in the car wearing his, the smile on Ethan's face was nothing short of magical. 
And just so you know that we know that we have 3 children, Drew stayed home with Grandma. She's in town for a week and offered to watch the little tike while we sweated it in the great outdoors. 

3 comments:

KellySummer said...

Ollie (my 2 year old) loves that hat. A boy that goes to story time at our library has it and Ollie just follows the boy around pointing at his hat and creeping out the 4 year old wearing the hat.

Andrea J said...

When we lived in Ohio we drove to Florida to visit Disney World. My Dad listened to golf to some big golf tourney the entire way. Torture! But I've been to some events in person and really liked it.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

How fun for you! We watched on TV. :)

Glad you got to see a PGA event!