Friday, April 20, 2012

Drew- 13 months

He has very deep thoughts.
Likes to read books upside down. And if there's an animal in the book, you better believe he'll growl at it. 
 He takes his job as dancing enforcer very seriously. If he hears music, he will bob his little head, while looking around to make sure that everyone in the room is dancing as well.

He's gained a sense of independence when it comes to eating. He tries to spoon-feed himself, which would be fabulous, if he were to actually use the spoon. Usually, he takes one dip of the spoon, then forgoes the spoon and starts using his bare hand. I had the brilliant idea this morning to give him a spoon for each hand and it worked wonders. Feel free to leave a comment on just how smart you think I am on a scale of 1 to 10.

 Every time we walk by the picture of Ethan on the way up the stairs, we have to stop and wave at it. (Don't know why Kate or himself get the shaft.)

It blows his mind each and every time we get dressed when his arm goes in one side and comes out on the other end of the sleeve. Long sleeves (like of the pajama variety) are the ultimate champions.

He likes to play that game where you look away for a few seconds and then quickly look back and laugh hysterically. It's like peek a boo for the mature kids who think that hiding behind hands is so juvenile.
Cause he's very mature. Did you see the first picture?
 
His relationship with Teddy is a mystery to me. Before I put him down to bed, I give his bear to him and he clutches it, loves it, kisses it. Then when I go to get him when he wakes up, Teddy is always on the floor. I give him back and there is more loving and clutching. I, personally, don't know why Teddy puts up with this kind of treatment.
 
There is a very distinct cry, scream, and possible throwing oneself on the floor the very second I leave the room. Every time I leave the room. Yes, I'm talking about this guy right here...
Funny thing is, he'll leave me multiple times a day to go off and play by himself. But if it's me leaving him? That's unacceptable. 

Here's a video of him taking a few steps. He's very proud of himself, as you can see. Also, the panting hysteria at the end of the clip is how he greets his crib every night. We actually see it quite a bit. He's pretty easy to please. I wonder where he gets that from?

2 comments:

Jean said...

Awwww, he's so adorable!! Haha! I LOVE that he is a dancing enforcer. If he dances, EVERYONE DANCES!!!

stian said...

send him to boise!!! i love that kid!!!