Friday, April 6, 2012

Gobbles

Kate was looking through a parenting magazine. I was in the other room and couldn't see what she was looking at.
K: Mom, I really want to buy some gobbles.
E: Yeah! Me too! I want some gobbles!
Me: (thinking gobbles must be some new fangled toy that all the kids at pre-school already have) What are gobbles?
E: (with excitement level 14) Things you put on your eyes and you can go swimming under water with them on and you can see!!!!

Ah. Goggles. 
It's made me realize that the days of mispronouncing words are fading away and while it's pretty helpful to be able to understand your kids, it's also kinda sad. I didn't correct them. So today, at Costco, we're going to look for some gobbles.

4 comments:

Jean said...

"Gobbles" shall from this point forward replace "goggles" in my vocabulary. I don't think a cuter mispronunciation exists. :-)

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I feel the same way.

Nate has a few left . . . and I just let him talk away. My current favorite? He tries to say "Pretty Please?" and instead says "Peter Please?"

My lips are sealed!

packermom said...

One of the sweetest posts ever.

Unguren said...

At our house Feet are quite often referred to as Beeps and Hoods are Hooks. What can I say, I like how they pronounce things.