Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Kate

Kate is a 3-year-old in every way. She is absolutely the most adorable thing in the world about 90% of the time and absolutely impossible about 10% of the time. She is such a darling big sister. It’s so natural for her. I can leave Drew in the room with her because if he spits up, she’ll wipe it up. If he fusses, she’ll put a blanket on him, play with him, or give him a binkie when all else fails. Like I said, it’s natural for her to be that way. Earlier today, I was writing some thank you notes and she said to me, “you’ve been so good to me. I’m going to write you a thank you note later.” Darling. Just darling. I want to bottle it up and keep it forever. And open it maybe during special moments. Like this afternoon, when she cried and cried during nap time because her elbow hurt and she “just can’t sleep.” Frustrated, but needing some time to clean the house, etc. I let her cry. And cry. And cry and cry. She was so loud, that no one got “down time” and I was not exactly thrilled. Finally, nap time was over so I told her we’d put a band aid on it to make it feel better. Which one hurt? She held up both elbows, looked at them and said, “It’s hard to remember which one hurts.”

So I opened my memory bottle to this moment:

IMG_2080-2011-05-31-16-27.JPG

As I’m typing this, Kate said, “That’s such a cute picture of me! I was being SO NICE to Drew.”

2 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I love the mothering nature of little girls - it's adorable.

packermom said...

So sweet.....I love it that she is a good "little mother".

I also LOVE her hair in the previous picture. I think she looks like Kristen.