Friday, March 19, 2010
Happy Birthday- Day 1
I completely dropped the ball on their birthday this year. What I really wanted to do was booked and then I just never got around to doing anything special. I figure I only have a few years where I can get away with that, so I’m taking it. We do have a few small things planned for the weekend but today was a fun day just to celebrate them being in our lives and taking the opportunity to add sugar to every meal we could.
First, let’s rewind to 2 years ago, almost to the minute, when these little angels joined our family. (These pictures are a little scary, but they’re the only pictures we have of them on their birthday. I wasn’t able to see them until the next morning.) It’s crazy that in just 2 years they’ve grown from this...

to this... They woke up this morning not knowing what was about to hit them.
Then, well, the sweets began... French toast with powdered sugar for breakfast.

After lunch, Nana took them to get new shoes. I can’t tell if Ethan is a huge fan of socks or if he just wants to be sure Nana knows how grateful he is for EVERYTHING she got for him, because if you ask him if he got new shoes, he’ll say, “socks.”
For dinner we went to BJs. And, of course, got pizzookies for dessert. Let me translate Kate’s face for you, “yes, yes. I know what to do with these.”
And yes, yes, she did.
Ethan wasn’t too slow to catch on either.
Uncle Thomas and Aunt Jenn gave them their presents tonight- Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head. Kate liked hers, but Ethan was e c s t a t i c. He couldn’t believe that all of his dreams could possibly come true in one day.
Happy Birthday, my little ones.
Oh, and just like the night they were born... Duke won tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I LOVE the look that Ethan has on his face when he is looking at Mr. Potato head. Pure excitement.
Looks like the perfect day. We're so glad these little ones are in our lives, too.
Oh, and I love the jammies!
Happy birthday cuties! And, GO DUKE!
Yay!! Happy birthday to the kiddos!! It looks like a great, sugar-ful day. One can never go wrong with a pizookie trio, after all. :-)
Happy Birthday kiddos!
So cute!! Ok, so are you moving or what? Obviously you won't have time to tell me about it, but just know that we're thinking about you and wish you the best of luck. Can't wait to hear details and see pics of the new place!
Post a Comment