Ethan and Kate. Right now
- When Kate is saying goodbye, whether it’s her leaving or someone else, she says, “be back.” I guess she has a hard time saying good bye
- Their Uncle Thrine taught them, “see ya, wanna be ya.” Of course he tried to teach them “wouldn’t wanna be ya,” but they apparently they do want to be ya
- We used to say that Ethan was obsessed with trains. We now know true obsession. And he has it with trains.
- They are both in a phase (I’m sure there’s a name for it) where they line things up- cars, trains, dolls, food, you name it.
- Ethan loves chocolate and asks for it at least 20 times a day. Just a chocolate chip will make him happy, so I’m usually happy to oblige.
- Their favorite songs are Baby Beluga (Kate) and Five Little Ducks (Ethan) and they ask for them over and over in the car. It would be nice if they were on the same CD
- Kate likes to tell me when things are “OOOHHHH, Sooooo cuuuuute!!”
- Ethan is r e a l l y g o o d at playing by himself. I mean, really good
- Kate, is not
- They tend to have either great weeks or horrible weeks at church. This week was a great one.
- I think (I hope) we’re done biting each other
- They like their milk, “nice and warm, please.” That’s not annoying at all
- They still love reading
- Kate sticks her tongue out when she’s working hard at something, just like her Daddy
- They love their friends and ask for them all day long. When I tell them we can’t hang out right now, they say, “soon.”
- They still refuse to eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It pains me
- They are really good at remembering if someone gave them something, be it clothes, toys, books, whatever. They will say, “Grandma give you book” and I say, “did Grandma give you that book?” and they are so excited and proud that they remembered.
- They have to say good bye or good night to the toys that they are playing with them tell them that we’ll “be back.”
- Went to the doctor this morning. Kate’s around the 85%ile for height and weight and Ethan is around he 50th. They now think the doctor is named Dr. Sticker because I kept telling them that the Dr. would bring them a sticker. I guess it could be worse
- This is not to say that she’s good, but Kate’s better at sharing than her brother is
- Ethan is catching the nurturing bug. He sings “Rock a bye, baby” to all of his animals (and doll. It’s blue, it’s okay. Right?)
- For Ethan, there are 4 types of trucks: firetrucks (anything red or with lights), trash trucks, “wow! big truck”s, and tractors
- They like to buckle themselves into their carseats. They’re getting the hang of it and it’s nice
- They officially LOVE the car carts at the grocery store. They “drive” the steering wheel and shout, “honk. honk. beep. beep.” Then they stand up and squeal and yell with excitement. Then they talk about “driving” again. I really don’t pay much attention, I just go as fast as I can until the shopping is done
2 comments:
Hahahaha!! Things that made me laugh the hardest: "wanna be ya!" and "sooooo cuuuuute!!" Haha!
Your little ones are so beautiful! I'm so happy for you - and I love your blog! Sorry I don't comment more!
Post a Comment