So, I know I start a lot of my posts with, "These past couple of weeks have been crazy," and I hate to sound redundant, but... these past couple of weeks have been crazy. Sadly, the most exciting thing that happened would be that DVR found its way into our lives. Welcome to the 21st century, I know. Anyway, we moved into our new apartment. It is is such a fun place. We go on at least one, sometimes two, walks a day. The people at King Tacos and Pinkberry will soon know us by name. The kids had their first experience with sickness this week and I learned that there is a part of parenthood that really stinks. There is no more gut-wrenching sound in the world than a baby who wants to cry because his mom is trying to clear his nose with one of those nose-sucker-thingies, but can't because a) he doesn't have the strength to and b) he has no voice even if he did. It has been so hard to listen to them (especially Ethan, he's been more sick than Kate) try to sleep and every once in a while whimper in a hoarse voice. I REALLY do not want to complain. I know I have been very blessed with 2 beautifully healthy (and some might say too healthy, if you know what I mean) babies and I just cannot possibly imagine having a baby truly sick, but this was my first gut-wrenching blow and it took a lot out of me. It didn't help that I was also sick, but I think we are all starting to feel a lot better and tomorrow should bring my healthy, happy babies back.
I do have a few pictures to leave you with...

Greg thought that we had all the things that needed assembly done with. At least this time he had a little help.

The finished product...

The best thing about our new place is that it came with new friends built right into the place! Ethan found his friend to be hilarious and of course when I tried to catch it on video, he tamed his enjoyment, but you can get the idea.
Oh, I can't wait to hear that voice again!
6 comments:
I LOVE Pinkberry! Max and I are obsessed with it! I think we went to Pinkberry three times our last week in San Diego (and getting there is no easy feat but it was worth it!).
One more year before I can have all the Pinkberry my little heart desires. :)
Lauren, they are so cute! I can't belive how big they are! Sorry they are sick, that is no fun, especially when Mama is sick too. Hope you all recover soon!
The pictures are great. They are so cute! Sorry to hear that they are so sick. That is no fun.
I hope you are all feeling much better! I LOVED seeing the twins in front of the mirror! So cute!! I used to do that with Greg all the time!
They are by far the cutest little things ever. I can't imagine takeing care of two sick babies. They are getting huge. You would never know how little they were. Too cute.
I forgot to tell you how much I loved the photos! So, so cute. They are the most adorable babies!! I miss them like crazy.
I'm also glad to see them in there Rain Forest bouncer/thingy. I hope they like it!
Post a Comment