Friday, September 19, 2008

6 Quirks

A friend posted about her 6 quirks and it got me thinking about mine. I personally love quirks; good or bad, it's what makes a person who they really are. I know people only check this blog for pictures of the twins, so I've hid this behind some photos. Anyway, here's mine: 1. I laugh out loud... at my own jokes (sometimes before I've finished them), while watching tv (I get this from my dad), and at my thoughts (sometimes they're funny). 2. I hate obvious grammatical errors. Not that I'm always right when it comes to grammar, it's just that I find it important to read through things. Top offenders: 's when only s is needed, you're vs your, and leaving a preposition at the end of a sentence. 3. I love parentheses (they're just great!) 4. I'm deathly afraid of crickets 5. I have the power of recognizing faces. This doesn't work all the time and I rarely remember names, but I can usually remember where I met a person, what they were wearing, who they were with, even if it was 5 years ago. I can also see a person on tv and tell you what movies they've been in, including the movies where they only said one line. Like I said, it doesn't always work and it drives me CRAZY when that happens, so IMDB is my best friend. Also, before I knew of these powers, I would always say hi to people I had met and they would think I was some crazy stalker, so I stopped saying hello to spare them. Sometimes I do say hi, though, because I've been told that it's better to be the nice crazy person than the snob who doesn't say hi. I really go back and forth on this one, because I feel bad when people feel bad that they don't remember me. 6. I count everything I do- how many steps it takes to get somewhere, how many sips it takes the babies to drink a bottle, how many seconds it takes me to think of things, EVERYTHING! What are yours?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That's funny. I love trying to pick up on people's quirks, what makes them tick. It's a fun past time.
Good Luck getting your cute kids better.