Friday, March 14, 2008
Not so bad...
This morning I had a minor breakdown/ pity party for myself because I haven't been able to buy a single piece of clothing for the babies (I mean that I picked out myself, not that they'll be naked). My justification for the sadness was that shopping for your unborn children is arguably the funnest part of being pregnant. So, I decided to make a list of the top ten reasons it's not so bad being on bedrest.
10. My hair has gotten pretty healthy. I haven't blow-dried my hair in 3 months and 4 days (not that I'm keeping track)- silky smooth results. Also, no super expensive hair salon visits. On the same note, no make up either, but this didn't lead to the same results, so it doesn't get its own bullet point.
9. I learned how to knit. Thanks, Melissa.
8. I don't have to wear maternity clothes. Of course, it was was kind of a waste to get all maternity clothes for my birthday, but oh well. I never had to hate them.
7. I missed an entire Chicago winter. Okay, so we all know a Chicago winter really goes from, like, September to June, but the actual calendar winter is December 21st to March 21st and that's what I'm counting.
6. I've been able to read a ton. A Thousand Splendid Suns, In Cold Blood, Marley & Me, and The Time Traveler's Wife have been some of my faves.
5. I made a new friend. Her name is Sonya. No, she's not a spider on my wall (although she's pretty cool, too), she's the nurse that comes to our apartment once a week to give me a shot. She's pretty much the greatest nurse ever and I love her visits.
4. Chocolate milkshakes every night. Enough said.
3. I can watch Regis, Ellen, and PTI every day if I want to. And... I... usually do.
2. Lots of rest. This sounds pretty obvious, being that I am on bed REST, but with twins coming, I feel it's a blessing that should be noted.
1. I found out even more just how wonderful of a husband Greg is. All the cooking, cleaning, laundry, grocery and other shopping, and entertainment without a word of complaint.
My life is pretty great. I feel better already. The best part of bedrest is that it's almost over and I'll get to bring home two little babies that are much bigger and healthier than they would have been if I weren't so careful and spent my life on the couch. The doctor said if I'm still pregnant in two weeks, she'll induce me. That's great news, especially because it means that the twins will be healthy enough. YAY!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! You're blogging!!! I'm stoked!!! And I'll take all of the credit, of course, since I DID suggest this to Lauren 4 days before your first blog post. ;)
Lauren, the nursery is gorgeous, I love the coordinating bedding. You're amazing. Good luck with your next little bit of bedrest!!
My blog's address is ianandmegan.blogspot.com
Very Impressive Blog! The nursery is darling, I love the bedding it matches great. I am glad you are finding things to be thankful for while you are on bedrest. I can't imagine. Hang in there you will definitely be wishing for rest when the twins come.
I am glad to see that you have ventured into the blogging world! Blake and I are always wondering what is going on with you. It is so exciting that you are having twins. That will be so much fun, I am sure. Do you have names all picked out? Plus, your nursery is so cute. We would love to see some pictures of you guys. Can't wait to hear when the twins come. Good luck!!
Hey Greg and Lauren,
We love your blog! Hang in there Lauren it will be worth the wait when they get here and you can FINALLY hold them!!
Ben and Jess
I second Hannah's picture request! I LOVE preggo pictures. :)
I am so excited to see that you blog, Lauren! I hope you don't mind me finding you. I am so impressed by you. I always come home from visiting you marveling at your attitude. You're a great example of how handle the difficult well.
I am glad that you made a list. I hope that it made you feel better. And just let Greg know that because you didn't get to buy them clothes before they were born you get to go all out later in life. There should be no questions asked.
Post a Comment