Friday, March 21, 2008

Ethan and Kate have Arrived!

We wanted to let all of our friends and family know that on Wednesday, March 19 at around 9:00 pm, Ethan Douglas Packer and his sister, Kate Helen Packer, decided to join the world.  Lauren's delivery went very well, but with some excitement, where our doctor actually had to spin Kate around to get her facing the right way after Ethan had already been born.  Her heart rate had dropped for several minutes and our doctor was just about to begin a C-section when Lauren managed to give some great pushes to help her along.

Ethan and Kate are very little and had to be taken to the NICU after birth.  Ethan weighed 4 lbs. 12 oz. and Kate weighed 4 lbs. 8 oz.  Both were 18 inches in length.  They are doing well with Ethan breathing well on his own, and taking his meals through a bottle.  Kate is having a little bit tougher time, getting a little help with her breathing and feeding through a tube.  Both are coming along nicely though, and we notice big improvements each time we visit.

Lauren is recovering slowly but surely--she is still in the hospital but planning to go home tomorrow.  Unfortunately the babies won't be coming with us, but we expect to take them home soon and are looking forward to that day.

Ethan




Kate




We love them so much already and can't believe that two days ago they were still swimming around in Lauren's belly.  We hope you are all doing very well and that you'll keep these beautiful babies in your prayers over the next several days.

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Found your blog- CONGRATS!!! We are so happy for you and the babies. You are all in our prayers.

Andrea said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting. Hope everything continues to go well.

Lindsey said...

I can't believe they are finally here! Congrats to Mom & Dad! They are beautiful. You will be amazed how much they will grow & change over those first few days!

Laynalou3 said...

Oh my goodness!! I burst into tears when I saw your pictures because I was so relieved that they are finally here! Ethan and Kate are so tiny and precious and I'm very happy for your family. (which is now doubled in size. :)

Kristen said...

Congratulations Packers! We are so happy for you guys and can't wait to see the two little ones!

Megan said...

I just got your email and I am so ecstatic!!! Lauren - WHAT A WOMAN!!! You're amazing!! I'm totally impressed, great job. And your babies are perfect!!! Congratulations, and enjoy your sweet family.

California Blakes said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! They are Perfect! I love their names. They are darling! Good job, Lauren! It sounds like you did awesome!