Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Summer days

Lest anyone question our commitment to sun protection.

The summer of 2017 will probably always go down as the "summer of running torture" by the kids. Not many fit adults run outside in the summers of Texas. But every morning, at 8:30, the Packer clan was out pounding the pavement. 
It wasn't without reward, oh no, it was not. For every 10 miles punched, they earned an extra hour of screen time. We set weekly goals and if we made them, Aunt Alissa sent fabulous packages. At 50 miles, they earned a Garmin watch. I'm pretty sure Ethan earned something when he hit 100 miles, but I don't even remember what that was anymore. Let's just say, it was a lot of running, a LOT of sweat, a lot of rewards, and hopefully, at least a little bit of fun. 

Oh, and a lot of car napping. Sweet kiddos earned it. 


Kate and I went on a dinner date one night. Oh, it was so hot!


New running clothes!

 Great Wolf Lodge


Golf cart ride through "Africa"

Sometimes, Ethan can be a real sweetheart, helping ladies with their shopping carts.






Cibolo Creek




The last run of the summer, we all committed to a 5K (in our neighborhood). It ended with water balloons and popsicles, and a HUGE sigh of relief that running, I mean, summer, was over. 

No comments: