Thursday, February 22, 2018

Benny - 27 months

I don't want to forget this kid at this moment in his life.
He is so much personality. So much determination. So much joy. 

He is a huge fan of the park and my first kid to willingly head down the slide.


He's president, vice president and CEO of the Ethan Packer fan club. 


Loves to chat it up with his cousins, be it over facetime or in real life.






He is s scooting maniac. I used to walk along side him on our scoots around the neighborhood. Then I started scooting along side him on the kids' scooter. Now, if I want to keep up with him, I just ride my bike. 


Not a fan of jackets. He has a pullover that I convinced him was "just a shirt" which he repeats over and over while wearing said jacket. 
Eats a minimum of 5 fruit/veggie pouches a day (he calls them applesauce).
Also loves yogurt with granola.
If I ask him to do something for me, he says, "sure!"
If he wants to do something, he begins his request with "should we?" (i.e. Should we go to the park? Should we have a treat?)
He is pretty good about going to bed, as long as you do it just right. Brush teeth, kiss/ hug/ say good night to each member of the family, gather 2-3 cars, read two books, lights off, sing a few songs. 
Really likes using the loo. Correction, likes the candy he gets for using the loo.
Loves to have his hair done. And loves even more messing it up after it's done.
Attends nursery with delight and excitement. 
Picks up words to songs easily, even songs that the kids make up. I made up a little song to teach him how to spell his name. B-E-N, that spells Ben. He's not a hen, he's my friend. He loves it and sings it with joy. The funny thing is, he has no idea who "Ben" is. He's Benny.
One of his favorite things to play with is the buckle on his booster. He likes to buckle it up and then asks me to "buckle down."
His go-to thing to play on his own is cars. They have personalities and stories (and sometimes they get in trouble and have to say sorry to each other),  he lines them up.
He loves colors and loves pointing out the colors of things.
His favorite place in the whole world is the trampoline park and we try to go a couple times a month.
He has a special relationship with Alexa and has her singing to him on the regular. His top picks these days are Believer (by Imagine Dragons) and Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. Similar genre.
He, and this is important, must get up and dance when there is music doing on.
He has a favorite shirt. His Mickey shirt. He wears it twice between each wash and immediately following laundry day. I don't even think he knows much about Mickey, but he sure loves that shirt.
There is a train track right by our house and it's basically a dream come true. When we hear it, he asks, "hear it, mom? A train!"


1 comment:

alisha said...

What a little cutie! I don't think you should let him grow up.