The twins are baptized. In some ways that seems crazy, but it also feels somewhat natural. They are such great kids and, in many ways, wise beyond their 8 years. They want so badly to do what's right and teach me on a daily basis what it means to be a follower of Christ and I'm so grateful for that.
(Kate set this picture up and was dead set on getting it right.)
It was a beautiful baptism. Every talk was absolute perfection.

I sure love these four kiddos. They sang, "I Like to Look for Rainbows" (I know that's not what it's called, but you know what I mean), and it was darling.
One thing I've learned so many times over is that we're not in this life alone for a reason. We're here to go through this together, to help lift and learn from one another. I'm so glad that my two are surrounded by so many great friends, teachers, and family members to help them out.
I'm also eternally grateful that this guy right here is their daddy.
I don't want to forget that Ethan's friend, Oliver, came to the baptism. I had to nurse Ben immediately after the baptism, so I was tied down and didn't get a picture. It was such a big deal to Ethan that he came and it really meant a lot to me as well. I realize that a baptism can seem like a scary event to attend for a little guy, who has never been to a Mormon baptism. He's a good friend and he has a wonderful mother who helped him show love and support for his friend. I'm impressed time and time again by these good Christian people of Texas. They really know a lot about true Christianity. I hope I can learn a thing or two from them.
We did get a few shots of the after-party.
During one of the talks, the kids were asked, "Why do we get baptized?" Among other wonderful answers, one answer was, "to follow Jesus." There's so many things I want to teach my kids while they are under my roof, and I often get overwhelmed by it all; Especially in the past months while we have been preparing for baptism. But those 3 words are it, right there. I want them to follow Jesus. This is the first of many steps that I hope they will take on that path.
If you'd like to learn more about baptism, you can find out here.
If you'd like to learn more about baptism, you can find out here.










5 comments:
Oh how I love you and your cute family! I can't wait to see all of you next week! Never stop blogging. In fact, do more of it!
I loved reading this Lauren! It brought tears to my eyes. Ethan and Kate are just the best. I'm so happy for them!
Well, this is great! Those are such cute kids and I can definitely see a lot of Uncle Doug in Kate especially. You guys are exceptional parents! Please pass on your wisdom.
Such a beautiful day and so greatful we could be there. Love you all!
Such wonderful kiddos. We sure love them!
Post a Comment