Monday, April 4, 2016

the Zoo

A couple weeks ago, I took Drew to the zoo. It had been so long since he had been, he didn't ever remember going. Excuse me while I go polish my mother of the year award. The San Antonio Zoo isn't the greatest, I won't lie. But it's pretty small, which means it wasn't too crowded, and we could do the whole thing in just a few hours. 
He really wanted to see the bears and tigers. And bears and tigers we did see. He was so cute, like a kid who'd never seen giant animals before. We went with his buddy, Justin, and the two had such a great time. 
The highlight was when we were looking at the alligators, through a glass tank, and one of them chomped down, taking in a couple fish. Two five year old boys, witnessing nature like that, couldn't contain their excitement.
It was a fun day, I hope I won't soon forget. I sure love this little dude, who's been my buddy for the past 3 years, and I'll miss him something fierce when he starts kinder next year.

1 comment:

packermom said...

It's the perfect age for a trip to the zoo. Love that little Drewbug!