Thursday, March 17, 2016

Kate's party

This year, the kids didn't want a joint birthday party. 
I was not only fine with it, I was actually a little excited. I'd never thrown a girls- only party.
I am NOT a pinterest-worthy party thrower. Like, not not not. Maybe even on the side of morally opposed to the idea. It's a chance for the birthday girl to feel top of the universe- you shouldn't be stressing over whether or not the straws match the potted plants.
So, Kate and I sat down and planned the guest list, food, itinerary. She wanted the girls from church, plus 3 girls from the neighborhood. Games in the back yard, Cinderella, pizza (with V8 fusion juice to drink), pinata, cookie cake, presents. 

What could go wrong?




Girls, even while watching a movie, are really loud. 




It actually was a lot of fun. 
{Except that it was always on the verge of chaos and one of the girls wanted to be in charge of every single activity (I won't name names, but you better believe I'll remember ;). Kate didn't notice, of course. She was too busy dancing on cloud 9. I don't know why, but it is such a pet-peeve of mine, when people who have no business being in charge, always have to be in charge. But I eventually let her know that it's Kate's party, and the universe was set back in motion. End rant.).}  





The girls were darling, the house is still standing, and Kate felt like queen of the universe for 3 whole hours. And in my humble opinion, she deserved it. She's pretty much the best. The sweetest. The girl among stinky boys. The tender heart. The organization to our chaos. The chocolate chips to our cookies. I love her. And if she wanted a Kate-only party every year for the rest of her life, I'd probably give it to her. 


3 comments:

Jane Packer said...

No words!

Unknown said...

I'm with Janet!! The Belle or Cinderella of the Ball!! She looks Darling!! What a great mom!! That picture of you and her is perfect!!

Unknown said...

Dang it!! It was Jane!! You know what I mean!!