I just got back from a wonderful trip to California. Words do not do justice how much I love being home, being with my family, seeing my kids with their cousins. Delectable nourishment is icing on the cake.
My mom, greatest mom in the world, flew out Sunday night so that we could leave early Monday morning and make the drive. Why drive? you may ask. Cause I'm crazy, that's why.
Anyway, a little detour from the beaten path takes you through Pima, AZ, the hometown of my beloved Bumpa. Don't let the "AZ" part fool you. It is beautiful. They built a temple there a few years back, and we had to see it. Being Monday, it was closed. But probably for the better, because it made the perfect place to let the kids stretch their legs.
The only other noteworthy tourist attraction was the post office. My great-grandmother was the post mistress in her day. I'm going to go ahead and guess that this was not the original building. But... I've been wrong before. 
Pima, AZ, my friends.





No comments:
Post a Comment