Sunday, August 25, 2013

Other California Stuff

One of my favorite things about going to California is the friends I get to see when I'm there. I can't see everyone every time, but it's pretty fun to get together and force bonds between our children that will hopefully last a lifetime.
This visit was at Traveltown, Griffith Park, with my friend, Lindsey. She was randomly assigned as my roommate freshman year at BYU, FOURTEEN YEARS AGO! Man, we're old. It was a match made it heaven and she has remained one of my best friends. I'm so glad she moved to California so that I get to see her when I come home. Every time I regret not getting a picture of us together, and now that Kate is an excellent photographer (excellent is a stretch, so is photographer, but we're going with it), we even had the chance. Oh well, next time. 
Such a fun park and the kids had a blast. Of course, they did. It's in their blood.




Another perk of going home is all that LA has to offer. They just paid 50 mill for this baby. So at $2 a pop to get in and another $20 at the gift shop, it was a steal for us. The kids thought it was so cool.
 The tour guide man told Ethan that it went 17,500 miles per hour- that's faster than Superman. He could hardly believe it. Such a sweet little boy- does he really have to start kindergarten???

 "5, 4, 3, 2, 1... Blast off!!!"
And this concludes my California posts. It came to a sad ending dark and early Wednesday morning, when we loaded the car and headed back to Texas, with my DAD in the driver's seat. Seriously, why do my parents have to be so cool?
Hat's off to the fam bam for another great vacay!

4 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

College roomies and friends are the best! Lindsey's daughter looks like her!

Whitney said...

Love your photog skills! That first picture is so good - put it on a wall, girl! Cutest little kiddies ever!

The Skeehan Family said...

How I loved just catching up on your blog! What a great trip you had and I am SO incredibly impressed you DROVE. I'm making a pitch for a similar drive next summer... you may have possibly clinched it happening because you SURVIVED :) And had a good time doing it, it seems.

although you do have a tendency to make all things fun... I wonder if I can pull it oof.

And ps, I completely agree with the last comment - that first pic is BRILLIANT. Kate looks stunning too, ps.

Oh, and when are WE going to force our kiddos to build lifetime friendships? :)

packermom said...

Looks like a perfectly fabulous time! I love all the pictures!