Friday, August 30, 2013

Kindergators

Monday morning was somewhat of a blur. I didn't completely have it all together, but from what I can recall... two of my children joined the ranks of publicly-educated kids. 
And, by golly, they were ready.
Cause nothin' says "ready for kindergarten" like a TMNT t-shirt. Nothin', I tell ya.

 Except for maybe a Batman Thermos.

 Or a Hello Kitty Thermos.

These sweet little things had a great first week. They. love it. And while I do pride myself on my multi-tasking skills, I can't keep up with their both-at-the-same-time-talk-as-fast-as-they-can recaps of the day. Heaven forbid they take turns. And Heaven forbid they repeat themselves. So, from what I gather, life is good, 4 girls have the same water bottle as Kate, 7 boys have the same nap towel as Ethan, Ethan's best friend is Cole, Kate's is Bella, some mysterious "blue dog" comes to visit Kate's class who is "hi-LAR-ious," and going to the gym is the highlight of their week (although I think they go twice a week). 

Not that I was too worried that they wouldn't like it, but you just never know, and I'm SO glad it's gone well.
Weight. Lifted.

4 comments:

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Totally agree - I wasn't worried about Nate either but a great first week is always a relief!

So glad they love it.

Whitney said...

Adorable little Kindergarteners!!

packermom said...

Lookin so grown up! I almost can't stand it except that they love it so.....I'll get used to the idea that my first Grandkids are Kindergators!

The Skeehan Family said...

oh man, they look grown up. And I know I've said this before, but Kate's hair really is the best thing ever.