Update:
We did not wash away.
Living in a cool city + having a husband = awesome.
Still have no friends.
Miss our old friends like crazy.
We drive around neighborhoods and look at houses/lots like it's our full-time profession, yet we are no closer to landing on a decision.
Greg was home for all of Memorial Day weekend and despite a migraine that made a brief visit Sunday morning, we had a fantastic, low-key, weekend.
Because of the rain, the city was relatively people-free, which was really great. In the 3-hour break from the storm Saturday evening, we hit up Fiesta Texas (for the third time in 2 weeks), and had the park pretty much to ourselves.
Monday, we introduced our kids to nature.
They weren't quite sure about it. They kept asking where the snack bar was. But they were pleased that we didn't have to wait in lines to see the rocks, so that was good.
I have to keep reminding myself how much I like San Antonio. Cause I really do. And I really like the people I've met. I just don't feel at home here yet. And that's going to take a long time, I know. But it will happen, I also know that. So until then, you're going to have to suffer through a lot of "San Antonio is awesome" posts. When they disappear, you'll know I feel at home.
So, really, it's in everyone's best interest that I feel comfortable here ASAP!










9 comments:
Oh, I could not echo your sentiments more. I STILL don't completely feel at home in Richmond - it's been a year. Keep reassuring yourself that you will love San Antonio and I'm sure it'll happen. Friends make all the difference. And, your kids are super cute so at least you have that!
Adjusting to a new ward takes me a few years - let alone an entirely new city! You'll get there. Texans are some of the nicest people out there . . . and they will eventually all realize how wonderful the Packer Family is and you'll fit right in!
Love that you're already exploring so much and taking advantage of new surroundings!
Did you know that the Stevens (from Hyde Park ward) recently moved to San Antonio?
This almost makes me cry. 9 months in a new place and we feel your pain. It's not all bad. I kept saying "Coeur d' Alene is so pretty" then one day I actually believed it. It'll come...it will!
9 months and we woke up one morning and felt at home. Usually, it takes a year but we did better this time. Still miss Fall Creek like crazy but the sting is gone. So hang in there it will get better! I think I may come to San Antonio for a day when I'm in Houston. My brother and his family are there too - I thought maybe we could hit up Six Flags but it might be too hot...thoughts??
Of course, what I meant by "we" is the Packers, the Laws and maybe my brother's family.
We miss you too! I was thinking about you the other day. Can't remember the situation, but I remember having the thought, "I bet Lauren would have a killer response to that." Even though the adjustment is hard, I'm so happy that you get to be together as a family more. We hope to make it over there later this year. Ya know, once we figure out how to leave the house with three kids...
These some great picures. Glad you got them into nature!
Man, I miss you so much!! It's really starting to hit me. I miss your adorable kids and getting to see you every day! Change is so hard. I'm not sure I'll find a friend as funny as you every again! Give your kids a hug for me.
Post a Comment