Saturday, May 4, 2013

Dragons

Ethan and Kate played another season of soccer and I failed to document it with that little old thing called a camera. 
Last game, though, I brought my A-game. More like a C-game; B-, at the most.
Both of their teams won the jersey lottery (no, I'm serious). Ethan's team got royal blue; Kate's pink. And, would you believe it? Both teams selected Dragons as their mascot. A really good mom would have hand-sewn a dragon costume and donned it at every game. Unfortunately for everyone involved...
 I'm not a good mom.




 Right before he scored a goal:
 And right after.
Being the smallest kid on the team by about 6 inches and 15 pounds, we didn't see too many goals from him this season. But he makes up for it with that smile. We call this his "goal smile."
Such a sweet boy.
 
What's youth soccer without "the tunnel?"
 Nothing, I tell you.
 This is where my A-game was averaged down to a B-. No camera during Kate's game. She got some love in the tunnel and, most importantly, Gatorade after the game. She was a happy lady.
Good season. Let's do it again next year.

2 comments:

alisha said...

I love the goal smile. So sweet.

packermom said...

Aww...fun times.