You know if there's an amusement park within a 50 miles radius, we're going to go.
And get annual passes.
Luckily for us, there's a couple of choices here in the San Antone (that's how us locals say it).
Our first stop was Sea World. Nature graced us with fabulous weather and an empty park. (Although they kept telling us it was busy. I think lines at amusement parks really only exist in CA).
The first attraction was this ride, something something Atlantis. Ethan wanted in. Badly. The riders exiting the ride were s.o.a.k.e.d. It wasn't a cold day, but it wasn't hot, either. It was early in the day, and I didn't exactly want to spend the day drenched through to my britches. But then this sweet boy of mine gave me that smile. You know the smile. The one that says, "I want it more than anything my 5-year-old self has ever wanted before and you're the only person that can deliver it."
So...

The cutest part was right before we boarded, he started to chicken out. But I knew he would regret it if we got off, so I pushed him (figuratively, not literally) and he boarded. Right before the drop, you go backwards down a little drop. Some teenage kids behind us were screaming and sweet Ethan got really scared. Bottom lip-quivering scared. He said he didn't want to be wet and cold. We held each other and I told him he was so brave. His heart might have actually skipped a few beats on the way down, that sweet little boy. Then at the splash part, I covered him with my gigantic body and he didn't get wet at all (I didn't really, either).
I know this is blurry, but he was SO proud of himself. Sure love that kid.
After the dolphin show (which they all still talk about endlessly), we found a ride that was a little more suited for them. They wanted to go alone. And they wanted to sit in the front row. And they wanted to go again. And again and again. 5 times, I think.
Drew was just fine with the bench on the carousel, thank you very much. We tried the horses a few times, but they are pretty scary. I mean, up and down... and around? That's scary stuff. I don't blame him for his cautiousness. Safety first, my friends.
It's no Disney, but it was a ton of fun. So glad we got passes.
In other news, I'm still working out my thoughts on this San Antonio business. I'll report back in a day or so.








2 comments:
I kind of knew you'd be getting annual passes. I could just feel it. :) Now the big question will be if you get passes to Fiesta TX also--or just stick with Shamu. I hope you are settling in ok. Thanks for posting--makes me feel like you're really not that far!
Oh I wanna go there....with those three little kiddos. I can maybe handle the little roller coaster?
Post a Comment