Usually, when you leave a place, you say to everyone, "this isn't good bye. It's just 'see you later.'" Well, in this case, moving only 3 hours away, it's very true. Like it or not, they haven't seen the last of us.
But our ward family was still kind enough to send us off in style. What better reason to celebrate? the Packers are leaving! It all started with a luncheon for yours truly; thrown by my closest ladies, but mostly, and in the home of, the ever-talented Julie Meads.
This next one wasn't a farewell anything, just the final book group at my house. Tear.
The main event: a potluck brunch. And if you're familiar with the culinary skills of the Fall Creek ward members, you know that it was a fantastic affair.
It really was a wonderful morning. The adults ate chatted and the kids played. Mostly, I just cried.
And, apparently, white shorts were the unofficial dress code.
I, really, cannot say enough how much I love these people. They're fun,
funny, great cooks, but most of all, they've taught me the true meaning
of Christlike love and service. A lesson that I pray I will never forget.
And their kids are pretty awesome, too.
I love how no matter the ages, no matter the gathering, they all get along like family.
You know I get teary-eyed looking at all of these pictures. This next one is no exception.
The Packers and the Lemmons- friends for all eternity.
Kate and her best buddy, who happens to be 2 years older than she is, Ava.
The beloved "Dretchen." He was so excited, he could hardly look her in the eye.
But seconds later, she had him giggling like a schoolboy.
Best ward family of all time. I dare you to find a better one. Double dog.
You know how they say love is an action word? This ward knows that. Love and service like it's their job. I feel like the luckiest person in the world to have been a part of it.
And.. the running group. THE running group to top all running groups. We ran our final run together the morning before we left. Julie sang Disney songs, I quoted Friends, and at least 2 of us cried. It wouldn't have been a run without all 3.
I love these girls to the end of the moon and back.
Houston, you were really good to us. See you later!









2 comments:
Okay. So maybe the sting isn't all gone. These pictures - oh. They still get me. Just put the photo albums away for awhile...it will make it easier to bear :)
This post even made me cry. Thanks, Houston for being so good to the Packers.
Post a Comment