Thursday, April 18, 2013

Curly Kate

 Truth be told, there's a fear lingering in the back of my mind.
In the dryer air of San Antonio... will Kate lose her curls?
I mean, obviously, they won't go away entirely. But they may never look like this again.
 We're still not entirely sure where they came from. But, oh, I love those curls. They fit her personality to a T, in some strange way. I feel like her curls let people know that even though on the outside she's so organized and smart and rule-abiding, there's a quirky and silly girl busting out from her seams.
It would be such a shame to leave the curls in Houston, don't ya think?
 *I don't know why her lips look so red in this picture. I assure you, she is NOT wearing lip gloss.
She's a sweet girl, this Kate of mine. And I'll keep her... even if she has to leave the curls here.

5 comments:

Whitney said...

So cute. I love that last picture. Girls with curls rock - enough said. :)

packermom said...

I'll keep her, too. Curls or no curls. But, oh, how I hope the curls come with her!

Amber said...

I know! The curls have been insane this week! Ah-dorable. Missed you at playgroup...but I suppose I will have to get used to it. Can't wait for book club! Thanks again for taking my munchkins last week-they had a blast.

Meagan said...

I will cry if her hair goes straight.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

This is coming from a lady who lives in the desert . . .

but I had to laugh when you said "dryer air in San Antonio" because I just about died from the humidity when we were there a few years ago! :)

The curls are quite darling.